Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Comfort Zone

Today marks a year when we 1) found out we were pregnant and 2) came down to Miami to look for a place to live. 

I remember that I reacted to both in the same way: I kinda wanted to vomit. Granted that urge with the first item was due to morning sickness, but the visceral feeling of uncomfortable-ness was present with both life changes.

Josh and I spent a lot of time talking about breaking out of our comfort zones this time last year. I really liked our zone in Chapel Hill, and wasn't real sure why we needed to break away from it--much less have a baby in a new zone. One year later, having a baby and moving to Miami were the best things we have ever done as a family. It hasn't been without some tears, some "no one speaks English!" moments, and some growing pains--but the positives out of the past year's changes are tremendous.

Now to my real point--Mackenzie breaks out of her comfort zones on a daily basis.  As we approach the 4-month mark here are a couple:

Trying out some standing (under the watchful eye of our friend, Courtney):


And sleeping in her crib...in her own room...alone:






No comments:

Post a Comment