Monday, March 18, 2013

March 12: Mackenzie Day

Welcome to the world Mackenzie Shute Boone! And, to our readers, welcome to our blog. It seems fitting to start this blog as we start a new chapter in our lives: parenthood.

Josh and I both wondered what this journey would be like-what we would feel, what our new routine would be, and what our new baby would be like.

The first two things we learned very quickly. What we felt: absolute joy and a boundless capacity to love. And-I am not going to lie-I felt pure relief when Mackenzie was placed on my chest. Labor is aptly named!

Second, what our new routine would be: sleepless nights, and days simply staring into Mackenzie's eyes. And occasionally getting pooped and peed on. It's cool, Mackenzie, I won't take it personally.

The third, what Mackenzie will be like, is one that I will enjoy the rest of my life. I am beyond excited to see what Mackenzie enjoys, what challenges her, and how she tackles those challenges. I am excited to experience her love, to show ours to her every day, and to watch her love others.

Mackenzie Shute Boone, you are loved beyond words, and our love, acceptance and belief in you is unwavering.

I am so happy to share our lives with you.

Love,

Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment